Thursday, April 17, 2014

BREAKTHROUGH RESTAURANT | ILOILO CITY

ILOILO CITY. APRIL 8, 2014.

Hello my Nomad Traveler Friends! I just came from a stopover in Iloilo City and I just wanna share this experience of the dinner. Being in Iloilo City for just overnight and not much time, I thought that I wanted to try their specialty dishes. So I asked the receptionist in our hotel for a recommendation of restaurants to eat.

I was told of 2 restaurants, BREAKTHROUGH RESTAURANT & TATOY'S RESTAURANT. 

So we decided to head over to Breakthrough Restaurant. The name seems funny too. Anyways, I just want to share my dinner experience over there. 

According to Google, Breakthrough is located near the beach and their seafood was to die for. Most reviews I read was positive, although I've read some negative feed backs as well. I thought maybe I'll just give it a go. You can't please everybody thus the negative comments.

The dinner turned out to be one of the most HORRIBLE dinner I've ever had! 

First stop, yeah, the location was just a stone's throw away from the beach but the concept of this so called "restaurant" is nothing like a restaurant. Not even a simple restaurant. 

One thing that turned me off big time was that they do not provide any MENU!!! Like how the hell are we suppose to know what they have? And not just that, how the bloody hell are we suppose to know the prices of every dish? 

Second, once seated they told us to go over to the food counter to order. Okay. Well, what turned me off again was that they do not even have a menu at the counter. They have a variety of dishes laid inside the glass food heater. Think CAFETERIA STYLE. 

Third, it took us a long long long time to make an order. As if things weren't horrible enough. You have to order your drinks separately because they only take food orders. Drinks are to be ordered from your table which took another long long long waiting time. 

Fourth, the service staff were not friendly & helpful at all. 

Fifth, the bill took forever to get to us. I could've just walked away and forget to pay everything which was by the way, I felt totally ripped off. 

And this is what I meant by not having a menu which states not just what they have but also the "prices" of every item. Because you will never know if you've been ripped off or what.

The shock I had when I got the bill. For 2 persons, I paid nearly a thousand bucks. Literally. A few pesos and I would've hit the Thousand bucks mark. 

We had Scallops, Fried Bangus (Milkfish), a terrible plate of Lechon (Roasted Pork), a miserable portion of Sinigang na Isda, platter of rice, 1 fresh Coconut, 2 small mineral water and a Mango shake. And all costs nearly a thousand bucks??? Please tell me if that was a rip off or not.


We were only in Iloilo only for a few hours, not even 24hrs and that dinner was enough to ruin the night. 

Will I recommend this restaurant? BLOODY HELL NO!!! This place is a total RIP OFF. Service was HORRIBLE. Staff was UNFRIENDLY. Food was only OK, not the kind that I would really brag to everyone. 

I'm sorry, but there's nothing good to brag about this place and I sure as hell won't go back there.

Good thing the restaurant in our hotel serves delicious La Paz Batchoy. And that's their pride and glory.. They said that their La Paz Batchoy was the first and the original in the entire Iloilo. Hmmm… Yummsss.. Somehow, I've forgotten the restaurant's name. Sorry. But at least this made our day on our last day in Iloilo.


Much Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment