Thursday, August 29, 2013

THE NOMAD TRAVELS TO: PHUKET, THAILAND

Hello my Nomad Traveler Friends!!!

Sawadeeeeee!! Today, we head over to the famous PHUKET, THAILAND!!!

The first time I've been to Thailand was in 2008. 4 years after the tsunami hit the island. Spent 3days 2nights there. It was a company trip which means, it was an ALL EXPENSE PAID TRIP! So let me guide you around Phuket..


MODE OF TRANSPORTATION

You will arrive at Phuket International Airport 45km away from the famed Patong Beach of Phuket that's 45min to an hour drive. So when visiting Phuket make sure to ask for a airport transfers from your hotel. It's gonna be quite a distance of travel.

Our company has arranged a bus for us. If however you do not have any airport transfers arranged, fear not! Taxi's are everywhere in the airport. Take a taxi to Patong (our destination) for BHT600 and straight to your hotel.
Taken from Google Map. Just a guide for you my friends on how far is the airport to the famous Patong area.

KNOCK OFF WHERE

We stayed at the Millenium Resort. The place was very much near Patong Beach which is literally just 5 minutes walk! Just beside the hotel is the Jungceylon Shopping Center. The hotel is right in the heart of Patong so all you have to do when you're exploring is to just walk!

Patong Beach is famous for their 3.5km beach and nightlife. Their are alot of hotels surrounding Patong so just take a pick of where you want to stay. Patong has a lot of shopping sights. Just walk around.


So my day started when on the way to our hotel, we were taken to the GO-KART SPEEDWAY at Songkram Road, Kathu, Phuket. It was in the middle of the day. So freaking hot! I love go karts, but I did not try the go-kart coz it was extremely hot there. My friends they had a good time. After our Go-kart session we were taken to the hotel. Finally!


Once arrived at the hotel, the staff gave us refreshments while we were waiting for our room keys. And they handed us that really cold towel and it was so refreshing! Once we reached our room, we were greeted with an amazing overview of Patong! The hotel was definitely nice and comfy! The bed was heaven! Tired we may be but we only have 3 days so we went out and did our exploring.


NIGHTLIFE

Nightlife is centered in 2 places, BANGLA ROAD and the PARADISE COMPLEX with bars lining up all over the place. Prostitution is illegal in Thailand but is tolerated in the case of Patong especially in Bangla Road where a lot of foreigners hang out. Beware though. Not all pretty ladies are real. You might end up with a lady boy. But somehow, I guess some foreigners don't seem to mind. When I was there exploring the place, I saw a lot of them lady boys there walking around in tow were foreigners particularly Whites. Anyways, just beware though.


WHAT TO DO

Most people, they go to Thailand for shopping. And admit it. Thailand shopping is so damn cheap that you just cant seem to get enough! Some of my friends they went out for shopping while me and other friends we straightaway head to the famous Patong Beach and was just lounging there. Of course, getting a henna tattoo was a pretty cool thing. They also have water sports for a fee.

Parasailing is a must try. Kinda scary at first if you look at it but it's so much fun!

Do some island hopping! They have island tours which you can avail from your hotel or outside your hotel were many small offices just like s stall something like that where you can book your island tours.

Nightlife at Bangla Road. They have their own version of Hollywood.

Cabarets! Very entertaining.. Visit the Simon Cabaret Show.

Go to Chalong, south of Phuket to visit their temple.



It was just too bad for me that on the second day I got sick. Really sick. I was vomiting. My head felt like exploding. Probably because of too much sun I had the entire day. I can't say much if it's about the food as well coz we all had about the same food. But while we were having dinner that night for our DND party I just can't take it. I missed the cabaret show because I was sleeping at our table. I wasn't able to eat anything from that dinner coz whatever I eat, I vomit. I drink water, I vomit! In the end, my friend had to carry me all the way to my room coz I can't even stand. I missed out the after party at Hollywood. My roomies all went and I was left alone sleeping.

Phuket's nice. I can't say much about how much I enjoyed the place coz I got sick the second day. Didn't go for their island hopping tour. Didn't get the chance to roam around so much and visit other places. Well, all in all, I think Phuket is nice and much more enjoyable if you'll have 4day or 5days of stay.

As for my trip, the only day we had as free and easy was when we arrived on our first day and before 5pm on day 2. Third day we had to leave at 10am.

I will definitely go back to Phuket some day and enjoy myself.

Although, on my latest trip to Thailand, I went to Krabi with my friends and I say I enjoyed myself so much on that trip. And we went on a 2 days island hopping. Plus we met this really cool tour guide. His name is Alex. We call him Bob Marley coz he wore that reggae cap and he does look like with mixed blood. Anyways, that'll be on my next blog.


Thanks for reading! Please do leave a comment or suggestions on this blog if you think that this blog is helpful and or for any places I've missed out while I was in Phuket. Maybe I'll go back there and check it out.

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN TO LATELY?!?!

Much Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment