Thursday, October 10, 2013

MANILA CHECK-IN.

DAY 1.

Hello my fellow Nomads!

Today marks the start of my holiday. It didn't turn out so good. First stop, bf's flight was cancelled TWICE. Spent so much just for calling the airline company for his rebooking and after much hassle, I decided that he'll fly off via Pagadian to Manila. The hassle started with Zamboanga. It had been raining there non-stop for 5 days which caused all flights inbound and outbound ZC to be cancelled due to flooded runway. Very frustrating!!!

I proceeded with my flight arriving at NAIA 3 at 5am but was only able to get out of the plane at 6am. An hour of waiting at the runway because the unloading/loading bay for our aircraft was still being used. pfffttt...

For the first time in my life, I stepped out of NAIA alone! And after 7yrs, I stepped on Manila soil again. Frankly speaking, I hate Manila. I never liked staying here. The traffic. The pollution. Horrible. And I dreaded those taxi schemes. My roomie told me to get an airport taxi, it may be expensive than getting a cab outside but it's so much more safer. And I heeded her advise. The last thing I want to be in Manila is to get in trouble with a conman.

Arrived at my hotel safely. And since bf could't make it here today, I have the whole room to myself with 2 queen size bed suite over looking Pasig.

I'm currently staying here in The Malayan Peninsula Plaza Hotel. Since I am arriving in early morning I requested for an early check-in with fee ofcourse. And since the hotel was fully booked and my room is not yet available until later they upgraded me to Studio Deluxe Premier Suite. It doesn't matter anyway coz I'll be staying here alone. They put me in a room with 3 single beds first so I can rest and then by 2pm I can move to my room. It was very thoughtful of the front office..

After 7 hours and 4 phone calls to the airline I finally managed to book bf for his flight tomorrow. And I've finally moved to my room. I'm hungry. The hotel is actually in a very good location with malls walking distance from the hotel. I hate to go out but I have to. Sigh....

My phone bill is so gonna explode next month. This is the first time I've travelled which is so frustrating and so inconvenient. By now, bf should be here with me. He should have been here yesterday but due to some horrible events he didn't made it.

So now I'm so bored.. Just finished editing my video shot last week. Guess I'm going out to the nearest mall and get what I need and come back asap. Sighhhh...

Byes!

UPDATE:

I ended up going to Podium Mall to draw some cash. And since there was no Jollibee, I just ordered my usual Choco Chip Frappé from Starbucks went back to the hotel and ordered Jollibee online delivery. And after some 20min my dinner is here! Tipped the guy for bringing my dinner early!

As of now, bf is en-route to Pagadian. He'll be there by 10pm. So we'll just meet up tomorrow at NAIA 2 for our flight in the afternoon. Now I feel my stress is leaving me. Hoping for another beautiful day tomorrow.
THE VIEW
JOLLIBEE DELIVERY FOR DINNER
So I'm gonna end my day here. Will call bf later once he arrives in Pagadian. Dinner time for me! Byes!

No comments:

Post a Comment